All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I {heart}


And why do I love them so?  Because they are awesome!!

About a month ago when I had the extra money I went there and got 4 kids shoes for $90.  It was Buy One Get One 1/2 Price.  The Nike shoes that I got Jacob, Krissy & Lindsey were $30 each, so basically, I got Joey's pair for free- That's how I like to see it. =)  Well, school started, and athletics for Kayley.  She is in volleyball.  The shoes that she thought would be okay from last year, were just a tad to small once she was having to jump and all that.  She really did need a new pair.  We went to Shoe Carnival on tax-free weekend, and by that time, I really didn't have enough money to buy more than 1 pair, even if it was 1/2 price (deal was still on).  Bought her a good pair of Nike's that would be good for her for 49.95, no tax.  Awesome!  My budget was only $50.  

Just the other day, Lauren was chosen to be mascot, and needed a good pair of shoes.  I am still in a bind with money, but went anyway to look for shoes.  The pair of Nike's that looked nice on her on her skinny narrow foot was $54.95.  I told Lauren that I was going to see if I can still get the Buy One Get One 1/2 Price even though I didn't have another pair of shoes.

I go up to the counter, show the receipt from Kayley's pair, and told the guy that when I had come weeks before, I didn't need another pair of shoes, and really didn't have the money to buy any more but now my other daughter needs a pair now, so can I get these or the other pair 1/2 price?  Told him I would even go get the box of shoes that I had gotten Kayley.  He said he didn't need the box, and that he would "return" Kayley's pair, add them back on, along with Lauren's pair.  And to make this long story shorter... I saved $30!  I was so excited!  AND they didn't charge me tax!!  Even after Academy is opened (Sep 24), I think Shoe Carnival will be the place I will go for shoes (we swore by Academy in College Station) for now on!
Moral of the story: Save your receipts, and don't be afraid to ask!

0 Read What I Wrote: