All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday!!

The day after Christmas we decided to make a quick 3 day trip to College Station to visit Laura & Dwain, since Shawn hadn't seen them forever, and then 2 days to Killeen. We had a good visit with L&D, and on Tuesday (27th) we headed up over to Killeen. It also was Joey's birthday.
He was so excited for turning 5!
I was suppose to make a cake after we got to my parents, but I was way to tired. So Mom and I were going to go to the mall to get a cookie cake for him. We went to Walmart first, and they had all those Christmas iced cookies on sale, so Mom bought a lot...
and we came home and stuck 5 candles on one of them...
and sang Happy Birthday to him. He was happy because 1) we were at Mimi & Grampa's house, and 2) his bestest cousin Jared (only 6 weeks younger) was there, and he got to go spend the night at his house.
This picture was suppose to be first. For dinner we ate at Chick-fil-A... his favorite place to eat in the whole wide world! Even better than McDonald's!!
But this cute little boy has not forgotten that I told him I would make him a Cars cake (I have the pan), so I guess I better get myself siked to do that soon!!
Happy Birthday Joey!! We love you!!

1 Read What I Wrote:

Jack said...

Wow, when two people fall in love I guess magic does happen. You know i have always thought of magic itself and if you remain in love, more magic just keeps happening. Anyhow, this is a good post. Really liked it.