All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Life



I never know what to title the new blogs that I post because nothing ever exciting happens here. I did call Mom the other day telling her something, and I remember laughing about it, but I have no clue what I was telling her about. My memory is going fast, and it's scaring me since I've always been able to remember everything.

Josh has been debating of going to Ellison HS. I've called the school and talked to a counselor there about his grades and classes he would need for next year. Apparently he was going to have to take the TAKS test, but now they went away with the TAKS, so I don't know now. On Sunday we heard that a new family with 4 daughters in Young Women were moving into our ward! Talk about excited!! We go to the church last night for activities/meetings, and they were there. Well, only 3 of them were. The oldest, age 17, is kind of inactive and had already found her a job working a Sonic (my fav. place!), so she wasn't there. Josh hit it off with the 15 yr old, who turns 16 in November. Not sure yet what he will do now. He may end up staying here because of her. She is cute, I will say. They are from St. George. He is currently mad at me. I had to almost yell at him this morning (yikes!) to shush-up because he would not listen. We upgraded his cell phone last month, and he swears he has already paid for the upgrade. I told him he had not, that he had paid for the bill before and for some fishing stuff that I bought him at Walmart (he said he would pay me back). He swears he paid the $18 upgrade. Would not listen. So now he is mad because he knows he is going to have a big phone bill this time. I told him from the start as well, with this new phone, that he only had 150 text messages for this phone period and anything over that amount he would have to pay. In 1 week he said he already used them all, and was over 200. I told him I hope he had the money. Anyway, teenagers...wait until you have them!! LOL!!

Rest of the kids are doing good. School was out for them last Friday, and we have been enjoying sleeping in until 7:30 or so. Can't sleep all day, even though I would love too. I've been making sure they are up, dressed, beds made, dishes done, chores done and breakfast done so that we can read scriptures and have prayer at 9am abouts. They have been doing really good, and playing with each other really well since this is all they have. We don't live close to neighbors, or kids for that fact. Lauren and Kayley love using the riding lawnmower about 1-2 times a week. Next week is the Miller Family Reunion. On Sunday it's at my house after church for lunch. I don't think we'll have as many as we did at Thanksgiving. At least I'm not planning on it.

0 Read What I Wrote: