All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Gees...

Josh asked if he could go to Six Flags with a girl from Shreveport. "Of course", I say. "I'll drive you 90 miles one way to meet with her and her family on I-20 at 7am, and then I'll go back and pick you up later that night." Plans have now been changed where he is going to drive down in the small car and parked it at McDonalds, and drive the rest of the way with her and her family.

Shawn told me that he was buying a tractor from Denison, Tx for 9K. Sure, I have that in my bank account, and went to Farm Credit to get our first farm loan. He, Lauren and Kristen picked it up today, and I have yet to see Shawn since returning home with it.

We figured it was Jacob who caused our freezer to quit working. It actually didn't quit. Door was left open all night.

But, my dishwasher, my over $500, 2 yr old dishwasher(!) decided to quit working on the 19th. So my daughters have been washing dishes. Not that I have been cooking much because who wants to wash tons of dishes for a big family? We have been using lots of paper and plastic stuff too. Repair man coming tomorrow to repair it, hopefully.

Joey is now basically crawling on his hands and knees. And screams hysterically if I am not around. I keep reminding Cindy she DOES NOT want to do this again (I mean, her baby is 6 yrs old!).



2 big girls are in the process of making aprons. We are going to finish them this week.

My mother-in-law is making dinner tonight, and made me an Italian Cream Cake for my belated birthday. They weren't over when we had the German Chocolate Cake, so she made me a cake. She also is making my favorite dinner... purple hull peas (gag!), but I am making the cornbread, which I will eat. LOL!! I absolutely hate purple hull peas. I will never make them. So of course I will sometime in my life since I said never, but I don't plan on it.

0 Read What I Wrote: