All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today I'm 37!

Today is my birthday. Whoop-pee!! I made me cake last night (German Chocolate Cake) because we had a new couple from church (w/4 kids) for dinner, and I figured I might as make me my birthday cake because no one here was going to do it today. Shawn is working, and Josh had to work too. I usually make me a homemade lasagna too, but yesterday I ended up buying it at Sams. I was running out of time especially since I had to be in Texarkana yesterday for 4 hrs. It was good though, and I did good last night with only eating 1 piece of cake. I didn't get a huge piece because the people were here, and I didn't want to look like a pig. But I made up for it today by eating 2 pieces, and they weren't small. And I wasn't planning on eating the 2nd piece when I did, but I had too...

Why, you ask? Well, I ate one this morning after doing good at only eating 1 small bowl of cereal. I couldn't resist. Well, then I took Josh to work, and I was kinda depressed, so I stopped at Sonic and ate a #1 with a Route 44 Diet Dr Pepper w/easy ice. It was sooooooo good! Well, I get home, and I could tell that the other kids had planned something, and I knew it was going to be lunch (I didn't tell them I was eating at Sonic). So, I get in, and sure enough...lunch made, along with a huge piece of cake. I ate that too (I had the kids help me eat most of it). See why I can't loose weight?

Why was I depressed? Because just before taking Josh to work, kids told me that my freezer was leaking water. "It better not be!" I yelled as I was trying to get ready to go to the store when I took Josh to work (I wasn't planning on stopping at Sonic to eat...only for the drink). I go look, and sure enough, it's dripping everwhere. Look in the freezer, and everything is about thawed!! I bought this freezer on Nov. 28, 2004, so of course the warrenty has expired. Kids quickly helped by getting the food over to the in-laws freezer as I tried to figured out what was going on. Read the manual, and figured it had gotten "tripped" by the 15 sec. power outage yesterday at 4:30pm. I plug it in to a new outlet, and 4 hrs later, my freezer is cold. But I was depressed some because I didn't know why it had quit working. Tomorrow morning, kids will help me bring the food back. I want to wait all night to see if it stays working.

I did put some make-up on finally, and I feel better. Wished I could go out, but Josh left for Texarkana with the 2 big girls for church, and Shawn is coming home from work.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Kenna said...

Happy late birthday, Heidi! We are getting old. Calories that you eat on your birthday don't count!