All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Shocker!

I was so totally blown away! I can't even think of anything else that has shocked me more than this.

Ok, let me back up some. I have always paid the bills. I used to be really good before the computer came into the picture, and was really good until the debit card came into the picture. Since then...horrible! I mean, I try, really I do, but I leave it until I can't leave it any more, and then am depressed for the whole day when I finally get it all together. Sometimes I go weeks without even looking into my checkbook. And it's not like Shawn is making tons of money anymore. We were doing great in Bryan. Oh, how I miss Bryan.

But even how sometimes I am late with bills and all, I have never not paid (ok, 2 things I didn't pay on, but I have since claimed those on my taxes). And I always always make sure my cell phone is paid because (of Holly) I don't need it turned off, and they are really good at turning it off the minute it is late, and then charging you $$ to turn it back on (I learned that because of Holly).

And even when I pay my bills I don't always look at the charges, etc... I see the amount, I pay it. So last month when my AT&T(Cingular) bill came, I saw it was over by $150, but I just figured it was Josh because he does use it a lot, and use text a lot. He paid his portion of the bill, and I paid the rest, and it was fine.

I get the new bill yesterday. OH MY GOSH I ABOUT DIED! I would say once you do have teenagers, make sure you check your minutes time to time. I never have. So $643.57 later, I am in complete shock! Shawn calls me from his cell phone the minute I was opening up the bill, and right when I flipped up my phone I yell into it "THE CELL PHONE BILL IS $643.57!! HANG UP RIGHT NOW!" So, I did, and call 611. I am freaking out: "I can't pay this!, I swear I didn't know, what can I do, I didn't make all these calls, I have to have a cell phone, and because I have been such a great costomer and never have not paid, if you take off half the charges I swear I'll never do this again!" Yes, I said all that, including the last part! I was so freaking out! AT&T being nice as the are (LOL!), took off $200, and is giving me until October 3rd instead of September 23rd to pay it (aren't they nice). We have since moved up to the next plan, and I have threatened my son & husband not to make unnecessary calls or I was taking their phones away, and have threatened my other children that if they call me on my cell while I am gone, it better because of Jacob (being a diabetic) or there is blood squirting everywhere. Not because "it's my turn for the remote, and she won't give it to me," or "do I really have to go to bed?" Because if I get those calls I will be grounding some boo-tay!

So, Hil...there is no more of me calling you to sing "You're Beautiful", "Umbrella" or "My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps...check it out!" Ok, that is a joke between her and me... I actually don't listen to the Black-eye Peas but that song was just so "catchy!" LOL!!

Tomorrow is Kristen's 6th birthday, but we are doing her little family party tonight since Shawn is home (works tomorrow). I'll post later and do pictures of Kristen.

4 Read What I Wrote:

Kenna said...

I do the money too and am the same way....I was MUCH better when I had to sit down and write checks for everything...the computer has made me lazy and my husband and his debit card make me angry at least once a month. He will walk around with several hundred dollars worth of receipts before he puts it all in the check book. I feel your pain...although on the cell phone, my husband's job pays for his and last month I used 19 minutes on my plan....I never talk on the phone.

Anonymous said...

Bugs, Get Alltel! We all have it and it costs nothing for me to call, except my basic plan. I get any 10 numbers in my circle, I get all my free mobile to mobile and nights and weekends. Only thing extra I pay is for texting...and I pay $6 for 300 messages. I only text Holly. One month last year while I was in Utah, we used over 6000 minutes. Total cost above the basic plan --- $0.00. Priceless. Dad

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

YIKES! If you switch to Sprint, they will give you a 15% discount each month because Shawn works in the medical field! They used to only give it to military but the guy told me when we switched to Sprint that they expanded the 15% to include law enforcement, fire, medical and military. Also, postal workers get like 25% off! I told Paul he had to become a postal worker when he got out of the Army! LOL!

Just paid my bill today and I didn't go over any of my minutes. We get free mobile to mobile (including Nextel customers) and our night start at 7:00...that's right, 7 o'clock!

However, I would love to have Alltel again! Chat later!

Love ya,
Hilary

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Also, you SHOULD have free mobile to mobile so you can sit and talk to Shawn all day long and not use any of your minutes. Check it out to make sure...I know when Cingular was Cingular and NOT AT&T, they had free mobile to mobile.