All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The JOY of a get-a-way

I have a friend who has a husband who actually bought her a ticket to visit her sister, and told her to leave! I mean how cool is that? I have to almost beg, but at the same time I'm not begging, but am...KWIM? The last weekend of September was coming up, and I really wanted to go to my mom's for just the weekend. I was just not liking where I live at the moment, and I really missed being by my mom and family. I do miss my dad too, but he is actually in KY and was there when I went. So I looked at Shawn's schedule, and saw that he had 4 days off. I was taking a big "chance" of "asking" since October 1st was the opening of deer season. Anyway, he told me to go, and have a great time. I actually left a few instructions about Jacob, and told them to call me if they needed me ONLY with Jacob. Joey & left, and it was a good visit. I was sad to have to leave on Monday, but I plan on going back again without a baby. Since Joey has no desire for food right now, I think I am stuck with a nursing baby a bit longer then a year. Oh well...they are only babies once, right? I have to keep reminding myself of that too.

So I leave, and Shawn decides that our computer needed an upgrade. So he did it. And lost my checking. Now, I already don't do bills great (see post below), and now to have my Money File gone...vanish...not a trace of it! So, needless to say, it's been almost 4 weeks and I have yet to start another checking ledger, EVEN THOUGH I have gone to the bank to sign-up for on-line checking, I have yet to start that too. As I sit here typing this, I have made a list of bills that I need to pay by the end of this week. Such a pain. I have to have a day where I know I have nothing to do except stress for 4-5 hrs over checking! Geez!

Shawn was nice though and saved my hundreds of pictures to a CD, and I have yet to see if those saved. If they did not, I have no birth pictures of Lindsey, or actually really any pictures of the kids from 2003 to present. I have had a new 35mm camera for almost 2 yrs now, and have taken 1 roll of film with it...at Joey's birth when my dig. was broken. I took the 35mm with me this summer to my parents house, but I couldn't get the film loaded, so I didn't taken any pics, and the unloaded film still sits in my 35mm, on my nightstand. Pretty sad actually.

And he saved my email addresses. Which I think he knew he better because I still thinks he remembers the yelling I did when he lost them before back before 2002 or 2003. So, he was lucky there, but I don't know about them pictures...I am kinda scared to find out because with my luck, they will be gone!

But he couldn't get the computer to do right. So, he bought a new one while I was gone. Yes, a "new" one from eBay, and it sucks ever now then before. It's sooooo slow. AT&T has said that we should have DSL by 2010. Dial-up sucks.

0 Read What I Wrote: