All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I should be more thankful...

Sometimes I sit here in my house, feeling sorry for myself because I live in Arkansas and that it really sucks, and all that. Last night when I was awake for the 3rd or 50th time...I loose count after so many times Joey wakes up (he is a horrible sleeper), I was thinking that I need to be more thankful for things. Maybe it was because I was thinking about the upcoming holiday and that.

Even though my house is not completed, and probably won't be completed for another 1-2+ years, I am thankful that I have a house. It's paid for, it's big, it's (going to be) nice, and it's perfect my family.

Even though Shawn has to leave at 5am on the days he works to get to work by 6:45am, he has a job. And it's a good job. It has great insurance too, and we just found out that we are actually paying a lot less for it then with the insurance we had in Bryan. Shawn is gone a lot, but that's okay. He is home more with this job. He is spending more time with the kids, and really enjoys being here. Just wish that I did (opps...complaining again!).

Even though J. hardly sleeps all night (been a few times this past week that he has), he is so sweet, and it's so worth it. Just being next to him at night time, just makes me so thankful to my Heavenly Father for these sweet children that he has allowed me to raise.

I don't have time to do the rest, but I will later. I am thankful for all my kids. Even if they do have a smart mouth, or is moody, or whatever they may be like, I am so thankful for them. I don't think my life could be complete without them.

In Relief Society this past Sunday was the lesson on Women in the Church. What a powerful lesson!! And then the VT message quoted Spencer W. Kimball about the noble woman part. I mean wow! Go read it if you haven't. It's powerful, and so inspiring to read.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

I THINK that the quote you may be referring to is in the October Ensign in the V.T. lesson. I could be wrong but it sounded so familiar when I read it. I hadn't looked it up yet in Spencer W. Kimball book to see if it was the same. But it's a powerful one too (if it's not the one in the R.S. book).