All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Is there anything else I can do for you?

I am a sucker for saying no. I have a really hard time telling people no when they have asked me to do something, especially at church. I can tell my kids no all the time, but when it's adults and even Josh, I have a hard time saying no. I complain to my mom about it, and even practice with her what I am going to say, but then I always give in and say yes.

I am doing the Ward Halloween Party. The activity chairperson moved in August, and a new one has yet to be called. I said yes.

I am the Ward Music Chairperson. My choir director also moved in August, and another one has yet to be called. So until I can find someone quick (I hope), I said yes to the Sacrament Meeting Choir Program (I did in in 2005 too). Funny thing is, I don't read music and I can't sing. But I said yes, and I will make sure we have a choir & program on December 16th (or 9th).

I am the Relief Society Secretary. Part of my calling for this stake is to make sure that the Elders get fed. I was asked to start doing the calendar (long story of why they weren't doing it before) again. I said yes. Then I got home and freaked out some. When do I have time to be worrying about that? I guess I could. I discussed it with the RS President, and she told me to get a sister at church to do it under my direction...I said yes I would get someone.

0 Read What I Wrote: