All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Brigham House Chicken Salad

My friend Suzanne gave me this recipe many years ago, and I actually made it once, for the Relief Society Stake activity {thus, the reason why I was given the recipe}. After seeing it posted this week on one of Suzanne's blog, I started craving for it again. I went to the store and got the necessary ingredients to make it. Of course, my family will all moan and groan about it, but they can eat it or eat a PB&J! Thanks Suzanne for letting me "borrow" your picture! Oh, and if you want the recipe, click on the link above!

Kayley made this cake today. She wanted to make something, and since I had the ingredients for the German Chocolate Pound Cake, I told her she could make it. It turned out great, considering all the bad luck I've had this week with pound cakes, and I am sure it tastes just as good as it looks!
Thanks Kayley for making it!


German Chocolate Pound Cake
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 tub coconut-pecan frosting
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1 c. water

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a bundt cake pan. Mix all ingredients together, including the frosting. Pour into pan, and bake 50-60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto cake pan, and let it finish cooling. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

3 Read What I Wrote:

A+J said...

Those both look amazingly good!! Love your blog!!!

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

That cake looks yummy! So does the chicken salad, but mostly the cake!

www.you-made-that.com said...

Thanks Heidi, for getting the word out about my blog your awesome! Love your new blog it's looks great. Josh cooking is impressive :)