All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Fun mission times!

When Josh was called to the Idaho Pocatello Mission, I told him I knew people all over that mission, and that they could keep an eye on him.  LOL!!  One of the people, is my brother Todd and his family.  They live in Boise, but Sunde is from Rexburg.  They travel there often, and only this past Friday where they able to catch up with Josh and take him to lunch.  He was excited to see his Uncle Todd and Aunt Sunde, and cousins Brynn, Camryn, Luke and Max. They went to Roadhouse on the 20th.

Then a few days later, our former bishop & his wife, Brother & Sister Bowman, made their way up to Idaho Falls to visit their son, Ricky and wife Heather, and grandson Kyle.  Of course, Sister Bowman had to call me and brag, but that's okay.  I am glad they got to see him, and take him to lunch too.


And this is Josh and his companion, Elder Morgan doing whatever they are doing.  I don't even know what to say... ya!


On 15 August was our Stake Conference in Shreveport.  We made arrangements with Josh's girlfriend, Amanda, to meet us there.  It was fun to see her after a year, and to have lunch with her in one of the rooms at the stake center.  Yes, we eat lunch at the stake center because it's 100 miles away, and it's either eat there, or go out to eat (Jacob can't go that long without food, thus the reason why we eat).  Afterwards we went over to where Shawn works and saw him for a few minutes before heading home.

A cute picture of Lauren, age 15.  Not sure who took the picture. But I thought it was cute.

I really have good kids.  I really do.  I think I am a good person.  Maybe sometimes I post things on Facebook that I shouldn't say, and there have been times when someone has messaaged me about it, and I am always quick to fix the situation, either by trying to re-explain myself (haha!) or by deleting it, and a few times have even apologized when it was taken the wrong way.  But it saddens me when people can't and won't "listen."  Especially after they find out that I have a different opinion, and then it's like they hold it against me.  I am sad for losing 2 friends over it.  A friend pointed out to me (and yes, I did delete like almost this whole post): Friends will come and Friends will go.  I just need to remember that.  
 

3 Read What I Wrote:

Woolverton Girl said...

Cute pictures! I enjoy reading your blog and about your kids. I don't always leave comments, but I read your posts. I think it's great that your kids are best friends I hope mine will be, too. Don't feel so down about friends. I've always heard the saying, "friends will come and go, but your family is forever." I've always admired you. I remember you as my Merry Miss teacher long time ago and when Josh was born. You left a memorable impression on me. Thank you for that :)

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

I like you! Heck I even love you! And I'd totally would do things with you! Come visit me and we'll have TONS of fun!! I'm serious! I don't work so I am free! I know it's a long drive, but maybe an airline ticket - that is if it's just you that comes! But ALL of you are invited!

I have felt the same as you for many years. I'd always invite folks over but I'd never get invited back. And while I have friends here, I have stopped inviting people over because I don't get invited back. The only way I will invite people now is if we do some sort of potluck type thing.

This is my conclusion. It has nothing to do with they don't like you, it's because WE CAN COOK! One of my friends in Kentucky (who would invite us over for dinners) used to tell me she was embarrassed to have me over because she wasn't that great of a cook but everything I made seemed to come out perfect and tasted so good! The stuff she made always tasted good, but she was self-conscience when it came to her having to cook for me and my family.

So maybe that is what it is! Maybe if you burned something every now and then while you have company then you'd get an invite back! hehe! (I'm kidding! I'd NEVER serve anything burned)!

But you are loved! I'm sorry you lost some friends. I know first hand how hard that is. Thankfully in my situation, things were mended and feelings of hurt were forgiven and the ones I offended are friends again.

But yeah, family is the most important! And I know you get lonely way out there and I'm sorry! But the invite is an OPEN invite. Just let me know when you are coming and I'd be more than happy to have you or all of you!

Love you, sis!

Christine said...

Heidi,

Your post makes me sad. I think we all feel as you do sometimes. I want you to know that when you lived here,I NEVER EVER got tired of anyone in your family. Your family helped mine be a better family. I learned alot from you and value the memories I have of your precious children being over. I would be you neighbor again in a heart beat!!! Thank you for sharing your family with us and for letting us be one of your stops this summer!! We love you!!