All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Pictures... BIG & small! Not in order!

I think I have gotten most of the pictures, not in order of course!  I don't know if Blogger has changed the format or what, but for the last few times when I have tried to post tons of pictures, they are not coming out in order.  Anywho... enjoy them all!

The beach house we stayed at on the West End of Galveston.  I am at the beach, this is how close we were! 


Eathyn, Joey & Lindsey enjoying the little pool on the deck instead.  Actually, Lindsey was just posing... she was at the beach every moment she was awake!


Night before we left... Joey & Lindsey freshly bathed; Brandon being a goof!

Kids loved being on the bikes too! Rachel, Jacob, Lindsey, Joey & Austin.

Me & Cindy being sexy fat mommas!  Ok, Cindy isn't fat... just 7 months pregnant!  I don't have an excuse!  Little Mari enjoying the beach air!

Me & Joey ready to watch fireworks, July 4th!

Me, Joey, Jared & my Momma... July 4th.

Taco madness at the Pritchard home! July 4th.

Me trying to get tanned... hahahahahaha!  I know, right?!  Beach house in the back!

More Taco Madness! July 4th

Brandon, Nathan & Jacob enjoying the tacos.

Jacob caught a baby crab!

Jacob, Kayley, Joey, Lindsey, Rebekah & Lindsey.

Kayley & Rachel headed to the beach!


Rebekah & Lauren coming back from boogy-boarding!


Shawn taking a nap... beach air has worn him out!

Some of the kids making a sand castle.

My ACTUAL birth day... the 18th.  I made my cake.  And Brett decided to have a piece of it... for those who know Brett, it's becoming custom to have a birthday cake sliced into before serving (only the adult sibling cakes!)

First day we got to the beach! Absolutely gorgeous!!

5 kids posing on the ferry... after waiting almost 2 hrs to get on it!

Lindsey couldn't see well, so Shawn helped her.  

Lindsey posing at Mimi's & Grampa's house.

We have made a lot of these this summer... COWPIES!!

Our new cocker/hound puppy, Chloe.  We got her July 24th.  MaKayla visiting us too!

Waiting for the dolphins to show up while on the ferry!

Day we left Galveston. This is the very north end (east end?) past Crystal Beach just before turning to head north to Beaumont.  Very pretty beach here!!

Kids looking for tons of shells!!  Shawn & Lauren found nice sand-dollars.  Tons of shells here, hardly any seaweed at all!

Joey already wet from the water... we said "don't get wet!" How many 3 1/2 yr olds really listen to that?

A serious storm was heading our way.  They said on the news that this was part of the Tropical Depression that closed the BP Oil Site down for a while on the 22nd.  Or something like that!  Serious lightening and thundering was going on... we left! 

Pioneer Day!  Getting ready to head to the church for the Bi-Ward Pioneer Potluck/Party.  Lindsey is wearing a dress that my aunt made for me when I was 6!  It has been used as a Pioneer/dress-up dress for the last 15 years (all my girls wore it... Lauren wore it for Halloween one year when she was 3 or 4).  The horse was almost made by the same aunt, but a year or 2 before the dress.

Shawn & I celebrating my 40th birthday (on the 2oth) at Fishermen's Wharf by Pier 21 in Galveston.  Very good!!  We've been together for 21 years!!  

Same beach at the north end.

Austin with the shark he caught at the bay!  Totally real!!  He was so proud!

Kristen & Lindsey chillin' in the water!

A cute seashell Lindsey found at that north(east) beach.

Kristen, Rebekah, Lauren headed back from the beach...

Cindy & Brett with us at Fishermen's Wharf.

My 40th birthday celebration at Cheddars.  Holly, me, Momma, Heather, Hilary (red shirt)

Me with my first short haircut of the summer... no make-up though!

Jacob & Joey looking for clams, but found that crab instead!


0 Read What I Wrote: