All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ramdomness

This is Lindsey. Look how cute she is! I want to say this is 2007. She is shelling peas by hand over on Mamaw's porch. This was before they started using the electric pea-sheller, that Lindsey got her hair snagged and pulled last summer. Lindsey is 3 1/2 here. So dang cute, even if she does have a large hairband elastic around her forehead.
One of Elder Miller's recent pictures he sent me.
I put this one on his Facebook. (And since I posted this, I forgot that I wasn't suppose to post this picture, but another one... oh, well!)
Blackberry season soon!! May-June-July!!
Submit your orders soon!!
I have also been struggling again with a few things. Is that normal? I often feel like a failure if I can't be perfect in everything! I know that is so stupid, but that's how I feel. I want to be perfect, have perfect children/family, want everyone to like me and my children, want the best schools, best friends, best life. I know not all of this will happen, not any of it. But I know I can try to be the best I can be, and do what is best for my family. As of now, I am ready to leave Ashdown and never, ever come back. I am also about ready to switch my kids to a new school district.
Hopefully I can by 2011-2012 school year.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Carin said...

MOVE to ALABAMA... specifically, the Huntsville/Madison area. :) We love you and your family and would love to have you close. LOTS of great young families in our area. (Our primary has a total of 88 kids.) AND, they are building a NEW hospital here in Madison = tons of new jobs. (Doesn't Shawn work at a hospital?) Alabama isn't too far from Arkansas or Texas -- so you could still visit family.

P.S. When does Josh get home? We want to take a roadtrip to Texarkana and his homecoming would be a great excuse to visit! :)