All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

It's finally done...

My Christmas tree is up. And with all my new stuff I got for it, it looks very nice. I decided not to do all my Hallmark ornaments (over 100!), but only a few. I wish that Hobby Lobby had more of the red birds, but the few that I have makes my tree look cool. I even got a red star and red ribbon to wrap around the tree this year. I must say I love red for Christmas. I love having my free tree (thanks Rebecca again... she got it last year at a yard sale for $7... very huge and already pre-lit with white lights... and her husband made her get rid of it~ to me!)... it's soooo awesome too!

This week I am actually going to make 3 stockings for Kristen, Lindsey & Joey. Only my older kids do not know I am making them. I am going to surprise them. I have debated for years and years if I was going to continue with this current sock pattern (my mom used it for all of us 8 kids, and I did it for my 1st 4), and so therefore the last 3 have never had a nice sock. Finally this!

I am also going to be making a few other things. I can't say yet because I really want those as a surprise since sometimes my kids get on here to read. If they see the thing about the socks, oh well, but I want the others things to be special for them.

I am taking Joey & Shawn to Shreveport tomorrow to the ENT. I am hoping that Joey gets tubes soon. Poor kid... 3 surgeries in 1 year! Oh, well. Shawn has had a horrible ear infection for the past week. We went to our Dr. friend (thanks, HJ!), and he has said that maybe he might need a tube in that ear since this is his 2nd one in 1 yr! How crazy is that? Shawn wants to go shopping tomorrow in Shreveport too. Geez. I thought I was done. I AM DONE!! I am not going to get anymore stuff. I went to the church bookstore on Saturday in Dallas, and got some stuff there too (already planning on getting that stuff).

This is Josh's last Christmas home. I just don't want to think about it yet, but I want this to be a good memory for him.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Becca said...

Um, hello, where's a the picture? Don't get lazy on me, Heidi . . .