All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

New washer & dryer

Taken from what I wrote last night on Facebook:
We went tonight to buy a washer & dryer. Shawn had done his research (as he does with all things) and decided on what was best for our family. Not the Duet like I wanted, but just as good. I had planned on paying at least $2000 (with all taxes & warranties, etc...). I wanted something to last me a long time (ones I have now are still great after 14 yrs, but... just to small for my family). I let the saleslady KNOW that I was buying something right then, and I already had it picked. She then proceeded to tell me about the "floor models" that were on sale (good price actually), and how they were the same, blahb blah, blah. We looked, we compared, and was sold. I mean, I was planning on $2000, so I saved $700. We get it loaded up, and brought home. Hello... dryer is totally bent on the right corner. I guess with all the bright lights, we just didn't see it? I was mainly looking for scratches and very noticable dents. But, they were bent AND the top section is not even connected, which who knew I needed to lift the top of a dryer? So then I decide to check the washer out. TOTALLY USED!! I mean, WHAT THE FREAK IS UP WITH THAT? Fabric softener coming out of the fabric softener place, and the instructions are in a ZIP-LOCK bag?! AND the instructions have hand-written phone numbers on them, AND THE DATE IT HAD BEEN PURCHASED BEFORE? Saleslady never said ONE THING about it being used. I would never have bought it! I am NOT going to pay that much money for something and it's freakin' used! I called Sears, of course @ 9:58pm, and the store is closed. I talked to National Sears Hotline, and they told me to take it back, and tell them I am NOT paying for a restocking fee since I was misled about the whole thing. I AM SO MAD AT SEARS!!! Maybe that's why I never shop Sears? I also hate Lowes, but there isn't much other places... I am raising heck tomorrow in the store. Shawn has already told me he was leaving the store. LOL!
Update from today:
Shawn & Josh loaded it back into the truck, and away we went back to Sears. First off, it was my fault that I took a floor model without a box. Second, when I saw the label ripped off the back of the washer, I should have known. Label is not to be removed until the buyer gets it home, and has to remove it to get the cord out. I get to Sears, and go to appliances. I ask for a store manager. She comes. I tell her and the salesman on the floor my problem. I was very calm, did not yell, or threat any one. LOL!! They took my receipt, checked it out, and sure enough, both were returned, used items!! BOTH!! The lady who sold it to me kept telling me that they didn't have the one I wanted brand new in the store, and that it would take a few days to get it to me, etc... so that is when she "sold" me on the one I bought. The man checks for me, and sure enough there is a brand new one in a box at Sears. WHAT?? And the dryer was also in stocked in a box, brand-new. I tell him that I want both. He rings up both. Does some adjustments here and there, ADDS an additional 2 year warranty on my dryer (I had gotten the additional 3 yr warranties last night on both), AND I get $11 dollars back! I got 2 brand-new appliances for discounted cost, and I left as a very happy Sears customer. Maybe I will go back to get that elliptical machine that I tried out...

2 Read What I Wrote:

Rebecca said...

You crack me up!!! I LOVE the girl power---go ahead and walk away men! :0)

Valerie said...

Awesome...aren't you the one that took back that TV...and got a brand new one like YEARS later?!!! Too funny! Now I want to see want you got! So post pictures woman!