All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tubes!

Shawn has been sick since the weekend after Thanksgiving with an ear infection. I took him to the doctor in Shreveport finally on Dec. 8th, when all other options were not working. I also took Joey. By then Shawn had already taken 3 antibiotics, and on the 8th he was put on his 4th medication. By the 13th, when Shawn was driving home from work, he called me and said that he had so much pain in his ear, and that it was now hurting in his other ear and the back of his neck. He told me to call the dr on call and see what he needed to do. Of course, being a Saturday night and that we live 2 hrs away, the doctor told us to come in... to the ER in Shreveport. While he is finishing his journey home, I am frantic as usual trying to get things organized and situated for Josh & Lauren (Shawn's brother and wife just so happen to stop by, and she stays to help until kids are in bed), and get some things packed for Shawn & I. I guess Shawn could have gone himself, or even Josh gone, but I felt like I needed to go (good thing too because I *knew* all the answers... LOL!). Dr comes to look in his ear, and admit Shawn. He wanted Shawn on 12 hrs of IV antibiotic, do a CT scan, and possibly put a tube in his right ear. Sunday morning after the CT scan, the doctor decided he needed the tube. He then shot up Shawn's ear with novocain (? same stuff the dentists use), and did a "minor" surgery on Shawn ear right there in the room. I took pictures with Shawn's phone, but Shawn has yet to send them to me... I am sure they have been deleted. After the tube was in place, the doctor released him, and home we went. Shawn goes back to the doctor on Monday, along with Joey to get his pre-op stuff done, as Joey is getting tubes in his ears on Tuesday. I can't keep Joey well either with his ears. Back about this time last year, or maybe even at the beginning of 2008, Lindsey cried and cried all the time. Saying her stomach hurt ALL DAY EVERYDAY. I took her to her pedi doc, who recommended that I take her to Jacob's doc (so happens to be daughter/father team). Lindsey was checked for diabetes, as sometimes her bloodsugars were high, other times way low. Long story short: got her tonsils out, and checked for diabetes, which her numbers were on the *high* end of the *low* end... meaning she MAY can eventually get it but as of now her numbers are considered normal, but that they are higher then normal... KWIM? She seemed to be doing better. Eating better, not crying, until now. I've had to listen to her for the past week crying constantly about her tummy hurting. She won't eat, her blood sugars are in the normal range. What is wrong? At first I thought she was just bored (it only started this past Monday), but this whole weekend with the other kids home, all she has done is cry 18/7 (doesn't cry when she is sleeping). It is enough to make me crazy! Anyone reading my Facebook now knows why I am crazy! I gave her some medicine to help her stomach, but she is still crying. Doesn't matter what I give, she still cries. IN fact all my kids are driving me nuts... all fighting (especially Lauren & Kayley) and it makes me upset that they are like this.

0 Read What I Wrote: