All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I know!

I know I haven't been on for a long time. And I haven't posted pictures either. My old dig. camera that I got in 2003, finally died. I got a new one, but have yet to download anything because after only 5 pictures, it says I need more memory. Shawn says he has a chip or something to put in it, but alas... he has not yet. Let me try to update:
Week of April 20th: 4 kids came down with the stomach virus, and Shawn. I am glad that Lindsey, Joey or Josh (and me too) did not get it. Shawn missed a whole weekend of work.
April 26: Lauren & Kayley had a great band concert. They did awesome.
April 28: Had to go to Shreveport again to take Jacob for 2 doctor appts. For about a month, I was heading to Shreveport on a weekly basis, and I am glad that I have a 3 month break, unless of course, I have a church meeting or something like that.
April 29: Decided to get a haircut. Went to a new person, and we kept it long. Well, long like it was... longer then what I was used to. 2 days later, it was shorter... 1 week later, even more short.
May 3: Went to a Mary Kay party after church. My sister-in-law, Michelle, was hosting it, and wanted Lauren, Kayley & me to come. The girls did the make-up. They looked nice, and had fun.
May 7: All of Shawn's siblings and spouses took his parents to Cracker Barrel for their 46th Anniversary.
May 8: My parents arrived for the weekend. I was so happy!
May 10: Mother's Day. Got to church about 8:30a, and abt. 8:55a walked in my 2 brothers and 2 sisters with their families! It was a surpise! They had arrived in Texarkana the night before. One sister that didn't come, knew about it. Thanks Hilary! Guess they all decided they couldn't spend Mother's Day without Mom, which is fine, but I never get her either on Mother's Day. We had a great time visiting and eating, and was sad when all left.
May 14: Started the Wilton Cake Decorating class at Hobby Lobby. I've always wanted to take it, so I did. I am taking it with one of my sister-in-laws. It's a 4 week class.
May 16: Took Kayley, Kristen & Lindsey to Hannah Montana, and Lauren and a friend went to see "17 Again." I actually survived through the movie, and really did think it was a fun movie.
And today was church day. Had a good day. Josh and I are about to make tacos for dinner.
Lauren turns 14 on Wednesday! Wow! She is excited!! Maybe one of these days I will get the pictures all posted that I have. School is out May 29th, and we are heading to Killeen on June 24th. And since discovering Facebook, I am on that more. Sorry... priorities first!

0 Read What I Wrote: