All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thanks Rebecca!

About a year ago when I was sooooooo poor, I was talking to my friend, Rebecca, and she told me to see if I could get Lindsey & Joey on WIC. I remember getting it for Josh so many years ago, and the embarrassment I felt then , I just didn't think I could go through it again. I took Lindsey to the county health department last week to get shots so she could start school this year, and the nurse and I were talking. This led to that, and that led to WOW! You have 7 kids? I said yes, and then she asked me if we were on WIC, etc... No, I told her. She asked if I knew what our income was since we had so many children, and that I was a SAHM. I just so happened to have one of Shawn's pay stubs in my purse. We checked it out, and we BARELY qualify for Joey. And then all my conversations with Rebecca came back to my head. Today was his first appointment, and we got the vouchers. I will not be using them in my town as I am so embarrassed to use them here. Everyone knows me here! Thanks Rebecca! Love ya!

4 Read What I Wrote:

HollyDolly said...

there is nothing to be embarrassed about when it comes to WIC. i agree with destri -- that's why you pay taxes! i think that it is great that there are programs out there . . . and you shouldn't be embarrassed -- you're not taking advantage of the system! it's **those** people who should be ashamed!

Suzanne said...

I used them with both my kids and I was embarassed at times but ya know what who cares what other people think of you. You aren't taking advantage of the program you are using it to help your family.

Valerie said...

Shoot...Scott and I used them the past few months...they are awesome! We save like over $45 a month with those bad boys! I'm having mixed emotions about not being able to qualify for them again.

Traylor Family said...

We're on it. I'm not embarrassed. I appreciate the help, especially while we're students. And I agree completley with Destri... taht's why we pay taxes!