All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

To many things...

After slacking for a few weeks, maybe even a month & a half... I am getting back on track with loosing more weight! I've only gained 4 lbs (as of this morning), but all in all, I have been eating better, and have not had a Sonic drink in over 3 months! Yay for me! Walking isn't happening as much as I would like. We have had a rainy and/or cold Spring time. It's suppose to be really nice this week, so I hope I can get 3-4 days in of walking. I am going to concentrate on crunches and leg exercises too. I only have until June 25th to loose the last 40 lbs, but I will take another 30 if possible.
Josh got a new calling today. I've never seen a person go through so many callings as him... LOL! Today he was called as 1st counselor in the new YM Presidency. He was so happy because he doesn't have to teach EQ anymore. He had a hard time with some of those lessons in the Joseph Smith book. He is looking forward to be working with the new YM President, and hanging up with our great youth. I know he will do well until he leaves on his mission.
I guess I use the phrase "I am so not in a good mood at this moment" just a little bit to much. Last night I was getting onto Lindsey to go brush her teeth, and to do something else, and she walks in the bathroom (mad of course) saying, "I am so not in a good mood at this moment because of Mom!" Got to love kids!
Yesterday Krissy was invited to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's. Gag. Barf! Anyway, since it's located at the mall, and I had already told Jacob, Lindsey & Joey that they could go also (Lauren & Kayley were to be in Shreveport... Kayley ended up at home because of puking for 2 days!), we headed to the mall at 4pm so we could be done by 6pm (remember it's a 1/2 drive and we needed to make a stop @ Target too) for the party. We go to Dillards. Haven't been shoe shopping for a small kid at Dillards for a long time. But Krissy needed church shoes, and we just couldn't find any these past few weeks at Walmart, Target or Payless to fit her skinny little feet. I decided to buy her some Stride Rite Mary Janes. She has been wearing those kind for a long time, but she finally outgrew the size 12's (that had been Lauren's & Kayley's), and needed more. We found a pair on the 40% off rack, and were happy they had her size. She was happy to wear them today to church. I even got her some socks for them... either tights or sandles so never saw the need for socks until now (now that the weather is getting to warm for tights). As we were there, I found a cute pair of shoes for Joey. I am ashamed to say, I have never bought shoes for the child except for some crocs! Sandles were given to me, and he was wearing some cute shoes that had saved from Jacob. So, I was desperate. Again, nothing with shoe laces that met my standards at Walmart, Target or Payless. But Dillards saved the day. I then realized that the poor child had nothing to wear to church. I've been dreading actual khaki shopping for him. But I went to Baby Gap, and again, they saved the day! Cute cute pair of khaki pants with little geckos, grasshoppers, fish and palm tree on them for $10. I bought size 18-24 months! He is so skinny! I knew Gap would have the adjustable waist khakis. I got him a green polo to match, and he looked so handsome today. Maybe this week I can take the laptop to town and get on eBay and see what I can find cheap for him...

0 Read What I Wrote: