All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax day = T.E.A. Parties

Who went? I so wanted to go to the one in San Antonio but alas... no where close to SA! Besides I paid my taxes in February, so oh, well. Watched on Fox News today that the Secret Service wouldn't allow for a rally at that one building by the White House accross the street from the park? Since when does the Secret Service care about that? Oh, ya... I forgot!
Life here sucks. Okay, not to bad, but sucks because I don't have wireless. I am sitting in town in a parking lot using (or is it stealing?) the business's wireless because it's free, and I am in need of it. LOL! Our new computer sucks because it only has a soft-disk drive, and our lovely dial-up can't work with it. Shawn had to order a hard-disk drive off the internet because not one place here in town or the next town sells them anymore! It should be here Thursday. Maybe I can use my new computer then. I wish I can get wireless at my house. Why can't AT&T come 5 more miles out? It's making my life miserable because of it!
Easters was good. Had a good weekend. Easters bunny didn't come, but I did allow kids to dye some eggs. Sunday was a horrible rainy day. Just miserable. We had a good dinner, and good company, so that made the day. Shawn was able to go to church with us. Kids were happy.
Shawn's cell phone got fried because of the computer problems of trying to update downloads. AT&T is sending him a new phone. Not happy that he has had to wait for so long to get a new one. Oh well.
Printing off Josh's missions papers tonight. They will be submitted April 29th! Another friend of his is going to Madagascar french-speaking Mission. Reports to the MTC the end of June. Very cool!! 3rd friend that is going foreign!
Been nice to have Shawn home past 2 weeks. He goes back to work Friday. Got upstairs almost done, and the garden planted. We are trying to be self-suffient more... We plant a huge garden, milk cows, get eggs from our neighbor, slaughter our own beef cow. Still need to order that wheat. What is holding me back? Scared to use it?
Guess I should go. Kids will be home from school soon. I need to go to Walmart before heading home. Got to go to church activities tonight. Shawn is now in Cub Scouts. Jacob is happy for that.

2 Read What I Wrote:

HollyDolly said...

sounds like you're preparing for the end of the world!

Destri said...

Oohh, I am sorry because I could not live without my wireless! I would call it borrowing....