All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, April 06, 2009

HaPPY BiRTHDaY KaYLeY!

(Because of the new computer, pictures will be uploaded later when I finally learn how)
KAYLEY turned 12 on April 1st! And it was her first day of going to Young Womens! She was so excited, and could not wait! Plus she gets to go to Young Womens Camp in July. YAY! When she got home from school, she was surprised with with a bouquet of balloons. Really, that was it. Because we all had to be at the church that night, I just didn't have time to do a full-blown party & dinner. I told her that we would have her party on Friday night, and I would allow her to invite some friends too. All my kids know how much I *love* having birthday parties. She wanted: a red velvet cake, tacos for dinner, and to watch Marley & Me. On Thursday night, I rented Marley & Me from Redbox. Shawn and I decided to watch it that night. I am glad we did. While it was a very cute movie, and that this couple was actually married in the movie the whole time, sex talk kept coming up, and a few swear words, and I just didn't feel comfortable with a bunch of 12 yr old girls watching it who were not mine own, let alone my own watching it. I called some of the moms the next day and told them that the movie had been changed to A Cinderella Story. During the day, I made a red velvet cake, and I will say, if anyone is allergic to red dye, you don't want to eat this one... 1 1/2 bottles of red dye!! After tacos, and eating the WHOLE CAKE (it was very yummy), girls started watching the movie. But since all had seen it like 10x before, and since the weather was beautiful, they all went back outside until 9:30-10p to jump on the trampoline until rides came. Kayley got some cool stuff from her friends. She wants some contacts, so we are going to let her try them out. She also wants her ears pierced again... she had them done when she was 5 and hated them. She took them out, silly girl.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Destri said...

Happy birthday! I love your new blog design, way cute!