All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Change of plans. Again.

The one thing that was nice about Shawn working at St. Joe's, is that he got all the over-time he needed. He would work a lot of overtime, and it was good. Here at WK, it's hard because they want Shawn to call like at 6am, but Shawn needs to leave at 5am, or they'll tell him to call back at 9am, so that he can be there by 11am, and sometimes when he gets there at 11am, they tell him to go home within 2 hrs! Such a pain.
Because of that, overtime pay isn't happening so therefore... we aren't going to Utah to take Josh to the MTC. I am really bummed about it because it's always been my dream to take my sons there instead of sticking them on a plane. I thought it would be fun to drive out, like Shawn and his parents did, but with having a big family and a gas-guzzler to drive them all in, we decided to fly Josh out instead. 3 of my 4 brothers all flew out too, and they all lived! It's not like Josh will suffer for the rest of his life because I stuck him on a plane. Only my youngest brother, Scott, was actually driven out, and hey... that's fine. He was the baby, and my parents didn't have to take 6 other children with them, etc... It does get pricy on roadtrips, and also with 5 children being in school this year, I need all the extra bit of money to start getting school supplies too.
Our plan now is for Shawn, Josh & I to go to D-FW on August 4th to hang out... like go to the Dallas Temple again, go to Cabelas, maybe to the Ft. Worth Stock Yards, maybe JFK memorial (even though, well, you know!) & some other cool stuff that I have never done in D-FW before. On the 5th, the plan is (still waiting on the ticket from the MTC) to take Josh to DFW so that he can fly to the MTC. I would like to stay in D-FW an extra day, and since Shawn is off, we may. We may even stay away 3 days (I'll just fill up Jacob's insulin pump up full so that he wouldn't run out before I got back... and it's not like I couldn't be home in 3 hrs!). The kids would be staying home with my in-laws. I just hope that the MTC arranges the flight that I wanted for Josh... I got on-line searching for flights, and I found a non-stop from DFW-SLC at 8:30am. Not to early, but just right so that he can report to the MTC by 12:30p!

2 Read What I Wrote:

holly-dolly said...

it will prolly be easier for you to say goodbye in dallas than in utah, anyway. josh understands!

Kenna said...

I was stuck on a plane, too, and survived just fine. Sorry it didn't work out for you to go. I heard they stopped letting the parents into the MTC anyway for that 'good-bye' meeting because of swine flu.