All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Another summer gone...

In 2 days, my 5 school-age children start back to school. It's weird to think that I will only have 1 left at home. Shawn keeps saying we need to have 1 more, but *IF* I was to have another soon, in 3 years when Joey starts, then the next one would be the only one left at home, and then what? Another? Um, no thank-you. Joey will just have to adjust being the only one home for the next 3 years. I may have to see if I can get some sort of playgroup started in town so that he can be with other children his age.
Today I registered all the kids in school. It's quite the ordeal when you have to fill out a zillion papers for 5 kids. Next year I have a plan though... fill out only 1 set of papers without putting the kids names on them, copy them 4 times, and then put the names and SSN on each one. So much better then having to fill out the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again! And it still amazes me that they make us fill out the "corporal punishment". I am all for it if my child is wrong, but seriously... I don't want someone else to "beat" my child. I rather beat my own child, but then I would be turned in for child abuse, but it's okay for the school system to beat my child? Don't understand. I have so many "pet peeves" with this school district. Like all the money I have to shell out at the beginning of the school year (as well as the amount I have to fork over at the end of the year!). Lindsey has to have $10 on the first day of school to pay for a "special" notebook, a pencil bag and a take-home folder... Hmmmmm? $10? What the heck? The pencil bag is like 50 cents, and so is the folder at Walmart, but wait! It's says the school name on it, so that is why we have to pay $10! Kristen has saved the bag the past 2 years, so I won't have to buy that, but I do have to buy her 2 pencil bags... yes, 2! Why? Because she needs one for 1 class, and one for the other? Why are they even switching classes? She is only in 2nd grade! And the pencil bag that Kristen has that Lindsey could use is the wrong color for this year, so it can't be used, nor can it be used at Kristen's school because it's the wrong color there as well. I swear! Drives me freakin' nuts! And then Lindsey wasn't put in the class that I wanted, and so I am upset about that. I have asked for this certain teacher since last year (same one that Krissy had), and even put it on the forms I filled out in April, but yet she got a teacher I wasn't impressed with AT ALL today! I went in to this classroom with an "open mind" about her.... thinking she will be awesome and all, but Lindsey walked in, and this teacher didn't say a word to her, or to me, wasn't cheerful towards Lindsey or any other student. I was not pleased. I filled out the zillion papers out, and when it said teacher's name, I left it blank! I am determined to get Lindsey in Ms. Aubrey's class! I talked to the principal after we left the classroom, and she told me that she doesn't do special requests, but that I could write a letter on why I want her to switch to the other class... you better believe I'm writing it!
Shawn was off for 2 weeks because we were suppose to take Josh to Utah. It was nice having him home for 17 days. On his first drive back, he hit a tire in the road that he didn't see until it was to late, and did swerved to miss it, but it "attacked" the front passenger side, and RIPPED IT UP! We took it to the body shop today. Only have to pay $100, and State Farm will take care of the rest.
Josh has written to us 4 times. The 4th letter today said that he ripped a pair of pants, and needs me to send him another pair. Geez! I hear that Rexburg, ID is already getting some sleet. I am going to Penny's tomorrow to hopefully get him some more pants, and then I will send his coats too. He said he was flying to Pocatello. I hope he rearranges his bags so that he doesn't get charged another $90!

2 Read What I Wrote:

Megan said...

you better believe it's already getting cold up here! we usually have snow by Halloween. May I recommend some under-armor for the elder as well? and don't forget the mittens, scarf, and earmuffs! and make sure the scarf is really wide and thick so he can cover his nose so his boogers don't freeze.

HollyDolly said...

i find it very odd that the principal said she doesn't do special requests. i remember when i was in elementary, all mama had to do was ask and i was put in whatever class i wanted. that's how regan and i always ended up in the same class! but hopefully lindsey will get the teacher you want her to have and all will work out.

i have yet to write your son. i keep meaning to, but i'm more of an emailer. does he still have the ashdown08@yahoo.com email? i know he can't email back, right? but at least he'll get something from me that way!