All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Elder Miller's new place!

I got a call tonight from a sweet sister in Idaho. She was telling me that Elder Miller is in her area, and that she could tell that he was a greenie... new white long-sleeve shirt in 91 degree heat! I tried to get Elder Miller to get a few short-sleeve shirts, but he wouldn't. Said he didn't like short-sleeve ones. I bet he wishes he had one now!
ANYWAY, his new area is serving with a companion from Mexico on an Indian Reservation. Of course I had to pull out the atlas, and there are like 3 around Pocatello/Chubbuck. She told me that Saquajawea was from this tribe, but I don't know which one. Elder Miller & his companion are living in a basement apartment of some members there. I don't have his address yet, but as soon as I get it, I will be posting it on here. And I don't know what is up with his Facebook. I am trying to change some things on it, and it won't allow me. I will have to take the laptop into town this week and try it on there.
I am glad he is doing well. Oh, and he did call me yesterday from the SL airport. Don't know if that was allowed or not, but he said he couldn't get his money to transfer from savings to checking, and he needed me to do it for him on-line. I only spoke with him for less then 2 minutes, but he sounded good!!

2 Read What I Wrote:

Heather B. said...

I am totally blog-stalking you! But I really wanted to find out where Josh is. Is he in Fort Hall? That's the only rez I can think of around here. I hope we get to see him sometime. Fort Hall is only 9 miles north of us, so let me know if he's there and if you/he needs anything!
-Heather

Siouxsie said...

That's so fun to hear that he's getting out into his area. I have to tell you, though, that I laughed and laughed about the sleeve thing. My husband, who went to freaking-hot Vegas, didn't want short-sleeved shirts. He survived his entire mission, almost totally on a bike, in long sleeves. He still doesn't have any dress shirts with short sleeves so people are just wired weird. :-)