All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Four States Fair & Rodeo

Josh will be so proud, or maybe so disappointed, because Shawn, Lauren, Kayley & I (along with Shane & Mary) went to the Rodeo last night. I hadn't been to that rodeo since September 1997, so it had been a long long time! I did go to one in Bryan, and I did go to a big 4th of July one in 2004 in Belton, Texas before (thanks again Heather & Shawn... that rodeo was awesome, and so was the HEB-sponsered food spread). But the one thing that I have always loved whenever I have gone to a fair (which isn't often) is the funnel cakes. I was excited to go last night for only 1 thing... the funnel cake! After I paid for it~ $6.00 ~and after being up all night with a sick stomach and not pleasent morning in the bathroom, let's just say, I don't care if I ever get another one again!
But at the moment... IT WAS AWESOME!
We all loved the Barrel Racing, and Lauren & Kayley would love to do it, but it's Papaw's job to get the horses ready to ride, and since that will never happen, we can enjoy watching it, and dream! (If I don't get Krissy & Lindsey riding soon, it'll never happen for them either...)
Of course, we were excited to see the bull-racing, but it just wasn't exciting as the ones on TV. I mean, I wanted to see some good action... like blood & guts all over (ok, not really!)

On the way home, Shawn talked about going to the big one in Las Vegas. But we all know, THAT will never happen either! Dreaming is so much fun!

0 Read What I Wrote: