All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Poor Peppy La Pew


What do you get when 2 wiener dogs, possibly 3 cross the path of a skunk? In this case, a dead skunk, and not a great smell! 13 hours later, I still smell it.
At 4:30am this morning, I awoke to Cali barking. Cali barks at anything at anytime of the day or night. She does not require sleep like Ollie, Zoe or us. Cali has been shut in her kennel before because she can't keep her trap closed. Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, BARK! Get the picture? A week or so ago, my father-in-law found a dead skunk in his yard, but let's back up a bit. Lauren woke up one morning for school, and asked me if I smelled skunk. Sure enough there was a faint hint of skunk but not bad. I told her the dogs must have seen one in the night. Opened the front door, and smell could have killed me! Dogs stunk like skunk! Mostly Cali, of course. It must have been a Monday or Friday because Shawn was already at work, but a few days later, my father-in-law told Shawn that he found a dead skunk in his yard. You think maybe after being sprayed maybe a few times, Cali would learn? No... So at 4:30am we hear barking. WILL NOT STOP! My sister Hilary and her husband Paul were sleeping in our house, as they are heading from Ft. Knox, KY to Ft. Bliss, TX via Ft. Hood, TX, and I was a free bed. She even posts on her Facebook at 4:30-ish that the stupid dogs were barking because why? A skunk. Shawn looked out our window, and Peppy and Cali were beneath it "fighting", and then Peppy did it... sprayed Cali. Immediately the smell seeps into the house. (Note to Shawn: windows are NOT air-tight!). Dog barking ceases for a bit, but then picks up again. This time it must be at the other end of the house where Hilary & Paul are at. Hilary is looking out the window, seeing Peppy, Cali and sometimes Ollie. Hilary says Peppy sprays Cali again, and again! They heard it hitting the house! Hilary says the smell made her sick to her stomach, same as I told Shawn when Cali was sprayed at our end of the house. After that, no more barking. But the smell is there. Time to get kids up for school. I'm spraying the house with Lysol, trying to get the smell out. It does help some. Shawn opens the front door to 3 smelly dogs, and 1 dead Peppy. Thanks Cali... you are awesome! You know Cali, I'm not bathing you. You can live with this smell! I think for now on, I am locking Cali up in the kennel. Where was Zoe through all this? Sleeping in the jogging stroller that I got off Craigslist a few weeks back. At least the jogging stroller is getting used!

1 Read What I Wrote:

HollyDolly said...

i can't believe that the only use that jogging stroller is getting is by zoe! that is awesome :)