All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Prom 2011, April 22nd

Lauren went to the Haworth, OK Prom with a cute kid named Nathaniel Rasmusson. He is a member of the church, but in the Idabel Branch, Gilmer TX Stake. They live about 45 minutes from us just over the OK/AR border towards DeQueen. He really wanted to take Lauren, and because Lauren won't be 16 until May 20th, she had to get permission from her Dad.
Dad said yes, and so the dress was bought (eBay, brand-new), flowers ordered, hair done, and make-up done by her and me. We had decided that we have perfected it so much that we can now do it ourselves when doing pageants. No more paying for that, just hair. I do have other Prom pictures on the other computer, which I will get on here this week. This is from one of Nathaniel's friends Facebook. I saved and copied.

They had a great night and a great time. I am so glad that we are close to the other stake boundries and to the Gilmer Stake Center, where most of the dances have been these past 9 months. Lauren, and now Kayley since she turned 14 on April 1st and have been to her 1st & 2nd dance, love going because there are so many more guys to dance with compared to our stake. We have also been to one in Longview too, and headed there again soon. They are pretty excited.

More pictures to come of Kayley's birthday, Prom and Joey's 4th birthday from December (was on camera that I just downloaded the other night with Prom pictures).

1 Read What I Wrote:

Kenna said...

Hey Heidi,
I didn't know if you would go back and read comments on your previous posts, but I wanted to tell you about the man that came to my house to service my furnace. All of our food storage is down in that part of the basement near the furnace where he was working. He came up and after I paid him he said to me, " not to sound wierd or anything, but it is nice to see someone being prepared." So we talked for a minute about stocking up and why we do it....not everyone thinks you are crazy!