All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, May 01, 2011

The closest to Easter pictures

Past few years I have been really awful about doing Easter pictures. When we lived in Bryan, almost every Easter we went to Killeen, and almost all times it was very nice outside and my Dad would take a family picture of us. Since moving here, I haven't been doing them. I didn't even take any of the kids this year like last year. My parents came, and it was Prom for Lauren & Nathaniel so I guess pictures and new Easter clothes were the last thing on my mind. Shawn wasn't even suppose to be off, but off for Mother's Day (and still is), another reason for no new clothes or pictures. We left for church, and Shawn was still at home until 9a waiting to call into work to see if he had to come in, and when they said no, he came up to church. My parents left Monday morning before the awful storms started, but not before I snapped this picture of Shawn & Joey playing Twister. I think Shawn about died... old and fat! LOL!!
The storms came and left on Monday, and again they were suppose to come Tuesday, a few hours before they hit northern Mississippi, Tuscaloosa AL area over to Georgia. The lightening was fierce but we didn't get much rain. It struck our front pecan tree (again... hit it last year too), and threw the bark off from both sides. The dark streaks is where the lightening hit.
Thursday night it was quite cool outside so I joined the little kids outside before mosquitos attacked us, which they did.
Aren't y'all proud of me? I have a safety net up! Something we never had on the trampolines I played on as a kid. But this is about the only safety thing I have... kids don't have helmets for their bikes, or 4-wheeler which they ride often 2-3 kids at a time (but not fast... hehe).
I *do* allow them to jump all at once. Oh well... send me to jail!

1 Read What I Wrote:

Kenna said...

My kids ask ALL the time for a trampoline and my husband will not let them. I guess he has seen too much of what can happen. They were jumping at the neighbors, but they moved, so now they are trampoline-less. Maybe we should come visit!