All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Texas Caviar 101

Lauren, Kayley & I went into Texarkana the other day to go shopping. The girls were actually suppose to go to another deal, but that was cancelled, so we decided to still go in and go shop. I started texting Judy (my new best friend) to see what they were doing, and they wanted us to stop by for a bit to say hi. I stopped at Sonic first to get her a drink, but was good and didn't get me one because I had just finished my 2nd for the day. =/
Kayley loves to cook, and Tim was starting to make some Texas Caviar.
Kayley was excited to learn.
She even learned to cut an avocado in the skin, something I've never done.
It was way good!! Thanks Kayley and Tim!!
Before we left their house, Kayley got Tim to cut her a magnolia tree flower off. It was closed, but Kayley stuck it in water. Next morning:
Poor Kayley-- just got out of the shower. She had been doing some yard work, and was literally attacked by mosquitoes! Like a thousand all over!! She and Lindsey have sweet blood, and it doesn't matter how much OFF they put on, these girls are going to get bit, and then the bites swell!! It's so not fun being bit by a mosquito, but lots?!?! I hope Kayley survives Young Womens Camp this year... mosquitoes are suppose to be worse. She will be packing tons of OFF or something stronger (any ideas?), anti-itch cream and Benedryl.

2 Read What I Wrote:

Brandon and Danna said...

Kayley looks so grown up. Wow, what happened in the two years that we moved away?

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Find something like Deep Woods Off that has a ton of DEET! Regular Off hardly has any!