All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Miss Whistlestop 2011 Pageant

Lauren entered it last year for the 1st time because we found the dress way cheap, and she was 1st runner-up. She was the only one that had never been in a pageant before, and came in 1st. We were excited. Well, here it was again for Miss Whistlestop, but she didn't place this year. We were okay with it. It was just fun dressing her up in (her Prom) gown and doing her hair and make-up again.
Behind Little River News on Commerce Street in Ashdown has this really cool "back drop." I think this is where some senior pictures will be taken.
Not bad for someone who has no experience in photography. Some of these were taken with my BlackBerry, and some with my camera, and then fixed with PhotoShop.
How could the judges not say she wasn't the winner?
Ya, so I am a bit bias... she is beautiful!
Love this shot! Oh, and Little River News has more pictures on their website. I need to go look at them too. Maybe I'll put those on Facebook.
Flower from her Sunday School teacher, Sister Whitfield. Made a perfect prop.
Love this one too...

1 Read What I Wrote:

Brandon and Danna said...

You're right! She should have won!