All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, June 06, 2011

Lots of Sonic Drinks!!

Josh's girlfriend, Amanda or Amanna as Lindsey calls her, found this and sent it to me.
So true!
Being the last days of school, and knowing a person who does vinyl, I had her make these up for me a few weeks ago. I thought I said 6x6 size tile, but it fit perfect on a 4x4 glass tile from Home Depot. I was very pleased with how they turned out. One was for Lindsey's teacher, and the other 2 were for Krissy's teacher. Her homeroom teacher is leaving to another school, and the other teacher also had Kayley & Jacob in years past, so I put a message on the back from all 3. I had heard she may be retiring soon, and may not be Lindsey's or Joey's teacher.
On Sunday after church I took my usual nap. I didn't sleep long, and as I was lying in the bed debating on whether to get up or not, I thought I heard thunder in the distance. But seeing how it was still bright and sunny, I took it as a feed truck or another big truck, which is not unusual with living on a chicken farm. But it was thunder, and the storm came through so fast that it wasn't even showing up yet on weather.com when I had checked. The winds came fast and strong, and the rain was hitting our back door so hard that rain was coming in! It left as fast as it got here, and when Lauren went outside to check on things, she found this:
A week ago I cleaned the little girls room really good. Lindsey decided she didn't want to sleep by herself anymore and started sleeping with Kristen in her twin bed. I decided to put the 2 twin beds together to make a king-size and to put Joey in bed with them. I just don't know how kids can sleep the way they do and how. I know I sleep with ear plugs and Shawn sleeps with a C-Pap, but I think a mask would bother me. But not the girls- they love theirs! This is how I found them within an hour of putting them to bed...
Last Thursday was the day the boys got their summer hairscut.
And today Joey was showing me his karate moves with Shawn's laughter...
and Jacob's assistance.
Opps... wrong slot. I had to return some tile to Home Depot to exchange for the glass tile, and Joey decided to wait on the John Deere that he wishes his Dad would buy. Sometimes I can never get this child to smile.
As of today... 66 days!!

0 Read What I Wrote: