All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, June 06, 2011

Please tell me how you do it!

Sometimes I get so frustrated because we don't make 100K or more a year! We would if I went to work full-time, but that is the last thing I want to do. Shawn doesn't want me to work full-time, but only part-time. I am having a hard time with that at the moment as I still have one left at home. I always said when the last went to school, which will be the 2012-2013 school year when Joey starts.

But yet, I see friends and family even go places. I'm talking about fun vacation places! Yes, I know some families are more wealthy then mine... doctors, lawyers, and such. But I try very hard to save, and it seems like it's never enough to purchase a $4000 Disney World package upfront. We don't have any credit cards except Home Depot, but you know what I mean. Seems like something always comes up and the few hundred dollars that I always seem to save towards something is having to pay for something. Like $1097 tax bill or $827 Honda car repair/tune-up. I mean, always something! I don't have family that lives in Florida or California to even crash at for a few days, which sometimes I see people do as well. So hotels are a must.

Maybe I am jealous a bit? I keep thinking if I can just put $200 back a month for the next 24-36 months, then we can totally do a huge vacation on our 25th wedding anniversary with the whole family. A once-in-a-lifetime dream vacation. A Disney Cruise would be awesome!

Or if any of you can help me plan a Disney World vacation for Christmas 2011 or even Spring Break 2012 for a family of 9, I would appreciate it.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Darcy said...

I feel ya! I get a little down sometimes because we can't do a lot, even the movies is a stretch sometimes. It mostly comes when I'm around people who are doing things and we're at home...again! We are terrible savers too, mostly because we live on EVERYTHING he makes. I want to work, but don't really want to and at the end of the day I feel like I'd rather do without and be home than work and have extra $. If you get any good tips on the Disney thing, share with me! I'm desperately wanting to go to Disney World :)