All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hold on, the Light will come

My kids really like this song. A few years ago I bought the first volume of "the best of EFY" CD, and it's just been recently that my kids have really learned and love this song. When I found it on You Tube today, I was sitting in the dining room with the laptop. I placed the speakers towards the living room, and started it. The TV was on, and 6 kids were watching it. As soon as they realized what it was, they all ran to the laptop. Kinda makes me feel good that my kids do like other songs besides 93.3.

Now don't get me wrong... there are some songs out there that I really like on the radio. I love Cold Play, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, and others even though my mind has gone blank. But when my kids are in the car with me, I like to have them listen to other music besides radio. We have an endless collection of Primary songs of all styles, YW/YM songs, EFY songs & MoTab. We love them, and it does get us in a better mood with each others. We all have our moments, and sometimes get on each others nerves, and sometimes the radio just makes it worse, so on with the church songs. I have a few siblings who laugh at me because of it, but one day they will wish they had listen to church songs more. It really does bring a warm feeling of peace no matter what they say or how stupid that is.

Josh has always loved church music too. He said he was allowed to listen to all church music, so for the 1st 18 months of his mission I sent him quite a few church CDs, and he has told me he has loved them all. It really does strengthen you and your testimony of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. If the world was just to listen to it just a little bit more, I bet the world would be a better place to live. But we already know the world is going to be a wicked place where Satan is only going to get worse, and work on more and more Saints. I tell ya, if you listen to this music more, Satan will pass you by. He can't stand church music!

I heard something once by a person who said that music really does affect you. She listened to this one group all the time, and this one song they sung talked about death and was very dark & depressing. She said she wanted to die, commit suicide! Why listen to music like that? I rather be lifted up, even if it is a slow song like "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" which Lauren plays beautifully on the piano, and Jacob is learning. It's a beautiful song. And this coming Monday, we are going to focus on Joseph Smith, the date of his martyrdom. I am going to have Lauren and Jacob work on Praise to the Man, and We Thank Thee of God for a Prophet.

I promise you if you start listening to more music like this that lifts you up, to think more of Jesus Christ, your eternal family, you will be more happy.

0 Read What I Wrote: