All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our first week of summer vacation!

Shawn bought a sprayer system for the 4-wheeler, but decided it couldn't do what the tractor could do. I walked outside and this is what I found. Must be a redneck!
Part reason for the sprayer on the 4-wheeler is to spray around the blackberry plants. Yes, these are HUGE blackberries. They are the world's largest blackberries grown, and we have 100+ plants outside full of them right now. People love them!! We sell them for $12/gallon. The other day I had 1/2 gallon left, so I placed the berries in 2- 1 qt bags, and took them over to the Farmers Market in Ashdown, and the minute I got out of the Suburban, I had them sold @ $4 each! Another guy saw them, and we "mad" that I didn't have anymore. Once people see them, they want them!! Next year we will have 200+ more plants producing on top of the 300 we already have.
Our first week we did 2 days of free bowling. Website is www.kidsbowlfree.com or something like that. I bought the package deal for Shawn, Lauren & me so we could bowl for $24 total for the whole summer! Kids have loved it!! We are planning to go 2-3 times a week. If we go to Killeen this summer, I am going to sign-up the kids for the Killeen bowling alley.
I think all kids love to bowl!
But on one of the days we didn't go, the Barbies saved the day. It's already so hot and humid that I really don't care if they stay in the house all day. As long as TV isn't being watched all day, which we all had that problem the 1st day. Haha!!
And to celebrate our 1st week, I was going to make homemade pizza on Friday. Then it was suppose to be today. But instead we are having mac & cheese, homemade chocolate chip cookies and popcorn. Ya, I know... awesome!
I will make pizza later this week.

0 Read What I Wrote: