All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Elder Miller arrived home!!

A few days before Elder Miller was to arrive home, Shawn informed me that he was scheduled to work that day. He usually leaves about 7:15pm, and with an hour+ to drive to get to the airport, he was pushing it to be at the airport in Texarkana by 8:25pm. Of course I was not a happy camper AT ALL!! But that morning Shawn as able to get someone to replace him about 6:30p so that he could leave. We met him at the church and he drove over with us to the airport. We got there about 8:05pm, and then was told that the airplane had left late from Dallas, and that the plane wouldn't arrive until about 8:49pm. Some church members showed up, as well as most of Shawn's family. It was announced the plane had arrived, so off we went to the other end of the airport, after all waving frantically out the big windows... don't know if he saw us or not... we were all crazy!! We all got ready and I am sure the other people were all thinking we were crazy. People started coming off the plane, but no Elder Miller!! More and more, and geez... where was Elder Miller? Finally the kids started yelling "there is Josh!" I tried to get a picture, still took it, but all of the sudden my hands started shaking... like I was nervous! I wanted Shawn to go first to give him a hug, but he kinda pushed my shoulder to go first, and then I did, and everyone cheered and I started getting tears in my eyes and hugged my first son!! It was so great, and then he hugged Shawn. It was awesome!! People came up to me who were on his plane saying I should be proud of Josh, that he was a great person... people he had only met on the plane. We waited for about 20 more minutes until luggage came, and then we said good-bye to all there. We headed over to the church where President Platt was so that he can release him as an Elder. About 10:10pm, he was done, and we headed over to Denny's. Jon & Carrie and Shelly were there waiting for us. We had a great visit. Cousin Andrew and friend Rudy also were there. We ate, talked, planked, acted crazy, and finally left about 11:15 or so. We got home where he looked around here and there, and we all went to bed.

Friday morning Shawn, Josh and I left for Texarkana to go shopping, checking at Wadley for a job, and go to lunch @ Chick-fil-A. We had a great day. Bought a roast at Sams because he wanted my roast. I started the roast, left for Walmart for a few minutes, get home and all the water had evaporated and my roast was burnt!! Shawn was passed out asleep, and kids were al Mamaw's and Papaw's house. I was bummed to say the least, and while I was telling my Mom about it, Shawn started to get sick some. Next thing I know he is doubled over in pain, throwing up, and acting like he is going to die. Maybe it was a good thing the roast burnt. I ended up driving Shawn to ER in Shreveport (Willis Knighton). My house smelled awful. I felt bad because this was suppose to be our first dinner home. Josh and the kids made up some spaghetti and got kids in bed later. Shawn and I finally left about 12:30 for the drive home. He has 2 kidney stones, and we had to get $60 worth of meds before leaving Shreveport. He ended up calling in 2 days of sick leave, and he was already off this coming weekend for Josh's homecoming Sunday (this past weekend was Stake Conference too). The Miller guys- Jacob, Shawn & Josh- are all speaking. My parents, and possibly 2 brothers and their families are coming up. Lauren is also getting her YW award, so it's going to be a great weekend. {love}

3 Read What I Wrote:

Michelle said...

We miss him already. Hurray for him being home with your family!!

Kenna said...

That's quite the roller coaster you've been on lately. So glad Josh made it home safely and I hope Shawn is feeling better.

The Cook Family said...

I can't believe it's been two years already. Way to represent and return with honor Elder Miller.
Love ya,

Bro. Cook