All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Silver Old Person's Car

Many years ago, and I wish I had pictures already on the computer instead of having to go find them and scan them in, I put Josh in a Mother's Day Out in Bryan @ the Church of Christ. It was called Son-Shine School, and he really liked it. I only put him in for 1 semester before he started regular school, as we had just moved to Bryan at the beginning of the fall semester 1994, and I didn't know anyone or any good place yet. He went with our neighbor's little boy. I want to say it was from 9-1p. I know he had to bring a lunch, and he thought that was so cool. I started Lauren at the St. Thomas Early Learning Center (?), for a semester and a half before she started school. I wish I would have left her in longer, but for location and price and hours it was, it was way to expensive. She tells me now she hated it, and had no friends, but who knows. I thought she had fun because she always seemed to have fun. She loved her teacher, Ms. Joon, and she always came home with the cutest things. So after that, I just kept having baby after baby. Haha!! The kids just played with each other, and I didn't have to worry about paying for anything. We did do some playgroups here and there along the way, and all had fun.
Joey, age 4. Starting his first day of school.
Well, in the fall of 2009, all started school except Joey. He still had 3 years left at home!! 1st year was okay... he pretty much lived at Mamaw's & Papaw's house, but not this year. They are always gone now for appts, or they are taking naps, and so I never know when he can go over, so unless they call to see if he wants to come over, he stays with me. And he is bored with me. And I give in easy now. "Why yes, Joey, you can watch TV all day, or play DS all day!" Boy, what a great Mom I have turned out to be!! For the past year or so, I have been hearing only great things about the little pre-school that the Church of Christ has here in Ashdown. Last week was the end of my rope! I got a hold of the director of it (friend on Facebook... easy!), and she said that he could start today. Kayley found him a small backpack at Walmart for $5.00, and I got him a package of Pull-ups. He just won't use the bathroom for me... another reason I was at the end of my rope!! He started today, and has been in the same Pull-up all day!! He told me he even went potty at school!! I am so happy!! I told Ronda (director) that I needed help with potty-training!! LOL!! Funny story: I had to fill out all the papers for Joey to start, and it asked for all the people who could pick him up, and what type of cars they would be driving. I didn't know what kind of car my in-laws drive, but I do know it's silver. So I put down their names, and put down "silver old person's car." I wonder if she laughed? I need to ask. LOL!!!!
So he started school, and can't wait to go back!!

0 Read What I Wrote: