All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Homecoming & YW Medallion weekend

My parents came up August 19th and my brother Scott and his family came up August 20th. Josh was going to be giving his homecoming talk in Sacrament Meeting, and Lauren earned her YW Medallion. It was going to be a great weekend. In Sacrament Meeting Jacob & Shawn both spoke before Josh. I know a lot of places don't allow it to be a "family" deal, but this was a big deal for us. Shawn was off, and since he hasn't been to church forever or spoken forever, they asked him to speak, and Jacob was the youth speaker, so it was great. And so because my parents were already there, and since Lauren is also their oldest granddaughter, and 1st one to get the medallion, we decided to do her little award ceremony after church. One of her leaders did a cute video of Lauren, and I have already hired her to do a video for all my kids later in their lives. Haha!!
Our cute kiddos!!
Me & Shawn with Lauren.
Kayley & Lauren with Lauren's best friend, Ashlyn, from New Boston Ward.
Lauren & Ashlyn, BFF
Lauren received her one medallion, but my Mom (her Mimi) also gave Lauren medallion that she got from MIA 50 years ago. I have one too, and I am thinking of letting my other 3 girls share that, with Kayley eventually getting it, or maybe my 1st granddaughter one day.

0 Read What I Wrote: