All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, September 23, 2011

School fun!

Krissy and Lindsey have learned to make friendship bracelets. My Mom gave me tons of DMC thread years ago when I was really into cross-stitching. When Krissy was 4 months old I had surgery for carpel tunnel on my right hand (need it done on my left now), and I have never cross-stitched again. Lauren & Kayley have been doing the bracelets for a while now, and now these two have learned how, and love doing it.
Working on some before school one morning. Yes, I allow them to keep them taped on my coffee table for days as they are in the process of making them.
Howdy Partner! Joey had Cowboy day a week or so ago. He loved it. Loved being a cowboy! He looked the part with his scratched up face.
Homecoming week. Compared to last September (look under Sept 2010 archives for last years pictures), it was rather nice. Last year it was sooooo hot, and this year it was actually cool, and kids had their hoodies on. Lauren & Jacob were busy getting ready for the parade. Ashdown Homecoming week is a big thing here. Starts with 1/2 days school, big pep rally, parade and ends with the game.
Jacob with some of the 7th grade football players. He is the manager because of the pump, etc... But still part of the team. Go Panthers!!
Lauren helped with the 10th grade float, but I didn't get any good pictures. She was on the float too. It was cute. I think they got 3rd place.

0 Read What I Wrote: