All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, January 02, 2009


After we saw what Santa brought to us on Christmas morning, we packed and were ready to leave for Killeen. Josh had gotten Christmas day and the next day off. He decided to go with us, but in another car as he would have to return Sunday (for work on Monday). He and Jacob left before us. I finished packing the Suburban, and off we left. It was about 11:30. We had a late breakfast, so I knew we could get to Sulpher Springs on I-30 before we would have to have lunch (2 hrs). We left Texarkana, only to have Josh call me to see where I was. He was behind us as he had stopped at the hospital to wish his co-workers a Merry Christmas. He quickly caught up with us, and was ahead of us until he got to Sulpher Springs. I told him to stop at Whataburger because they are always open... WRONG! So I told him to go around and go to the stoplight by Chilis to get back on the highway. He had no idea where he was going, so as I was heading into Sulpher Springs, we saw him heading back east towards Texarkana. I called him, and he said he was lost, and I told him to get back going west and exit the next exit that had a gas station. He finally met us there. Luckily this gas station had an open Arby's, and $30 later (I swear they jacked up the prices) we were eating lunch. Josh & Jacob left. We then left soon afterwards. We sailed through Dallas, only for me to get soooooo tired just north of Waco, that I had to pull over and take a 20 minute nap. We got to Killeen before 6pm. We had tacos, eggnog and whatever else we did. I was so tired, and dreading the crying that I was sure was going to start at any moment with Joey. Surprising, Amazingly... he did not cry like he did at Thanksgiving. The kids had a great time visiting with their cousins, hanging out at their new favorite aunt's (LOL!) house because she had Wii, and just being able to have fun. My sister, Holly, had Lauren, Kayley & Rebekah almost the whole time, and they all had fun. Holly, even though being dirt poor, was able to buy them matching shirts, and they thought it was awesome. We went to church that Sunday with Mimi & Grampa, and had a good dinner of waffles, bacon & eggs afterwards. Gramps makes the best waffles! We said our good-byes on the 31st, and we all headed to College Station to the Decells house. We had a good time seeing them (been almost 2 yrs!), and the little girls loved beating up Kyle & Colin, and being chased by Colton, Ethan & Jacob (the 3 -10 yr old boys). Kayley chilled with the remote in her hand and with a girl that came over for the New Years Eve party that night. Lauren had fun with Cori, who is almost 17, and skinny minnie like her, and had tons of clothes & shoes to give Lauren... and I mean LOTS AND LOTS! We were packed when we left. Lauren & Kayley decided that they wanted their room to be like Cori's, so since being home, they have been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and getting their room ready so that Shawn can get in there and start doing the texturing. I can't wait for it to be done either. Until then, I think I have 4 girls in 1 room, as they moved everything out of their room!

1 Read What I Wrote:

The Cook Family said...

Good times! Your kids let your nap for 20 minutes? impressive!