All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, January 12, 2009

LaTe CHRiSTMaS/NeW YeaRS PaRTY 2009!

On Saturday we went to Homer, LA. Shawn's mom, Barbara, is from there, and every year the family gets together for a party. It used to be on Christmas day, and then it was changed to the Saturday after Christmas, and now it's the 2nd Saturday in January. Now that more families are in the picture, and with everyone taking trips to here and there during December, they chose for the last few years the 2nd Saturday. The last time I have been to a Christmas party was when Josh was 18 months old. So, yes... it's been a long time! I have been to 2 4th of July parties, but that's different. We met at Shawn's cousin's house. Shanna is married with a cute little girl named Emma Katherine. I put a picture of Emma Katherine back in Sept/Oct. She has a nice house, and it was perfect our group. I think if she had as many as I have at Thanksgiving, she would back out... LOL!! Barbara's siblings and families were there:
Charlotte (& Randy; Shanna, Kevin & Emma Katherine; son Erik & Grace)
Linda (son Tommy & Sue, children Aaron, Rebecca & one other son (forgot name); and Linda's granddaughter, Brandy with her boyfriend)
Dale (& Pam; Ashley, husband & Addy; Melissa... the current Miss Hot Springs, AR)
Mamaw Katherine Davis was there too, and her sisters Honey & Peg (who brought husband Terry and granddaughter, Carly). But we missed Mamaw's *boyfriend*, who we met back in September. He is a really nice man, and can sing very well. They both live at the nursing home in Homer. Both of their spouses have passed away. I can't remember his name, but I want to say they call him Bubba. LOL!! He used to be the principal to the high school in Homer, and used to paddle Tommy a few times (back in the days!). LOL!!
And of course Barbara was there with me & my 7; Shane & Mary; Jon, Michelle & Kendall.
There was so much food, and we all had a good time. We finally left at 5pm, much to Shanna's delight, I am sure! My kids are excited about going again next year, and Shawn wants me to make sure he asks for that day off. He was sad that he couldn't go.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Unknown said...

Hey I know this is crazy but my grandfather is Fred Miller from Homer, LA. I know there are lots of Miller's in the world but Homer is such a small place that it leaves me curious. I am trying to trace my family lineage for a term paper and I can't seem to find too much on Miller's because there are just so many of us! My grandfather attending LSU then later got drafter by the NFL to play for the Baltimore Colts. If that rings any bells I would LOVE it if you could contact me by e-mail at k_miller71388@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!