All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Jacob could use your prayers

Because he is under constant care of a pediatric endo for his diabetes, his doctor is always checking Jacob out at each appointment to make sure everything is working okay. Back in October, he checked Jacob's private area for the 1st time, and noticed that one side was not down. (I am going to put this as *nice* as possible) His doctor wanted to check it again at this last appointment to just see if maybe it was a fluke or something, since I had never been told of anything wrong with him. He checked, and yes, it was still the same. He refered us to a urologist, and we saw him that afternoon. That doctor was also a bit concerned, so he wanted Jacob to have an ultrasound done at the hospital immediately. He got it done, and today we got the results. I don't know the correct terms that they said, but basically the doctor is concerned enough with the results that he wants surgery done on BOTH sides because BOTH sides are not right. Of course I had to tell Jacob (very privately) that he was going to have to have surgery, and I could tell he was kind of upset. I reassured him as best I could, and continued with dinner. A short while later, the girls told me that Jacob was crying. I went into his room, and the poor kid is bawling. I told him to tell me about it, and he said he is just scared (he has every right too!). I tried to reassure him again, but I don't know how much I can give since I am just a *girl*. Shawn said that he would talk with him.

0 Read What I Wrote: