All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

i HoPe THeY CaLL Me oN a MiSSioN

The paper work has been started! I hope this kid gets his mission call by the middle of May. It's been exciting helping him fill out the forms on-line (isn't that wild?), but we still have a few more to finish. He actually can't send them off until April 29th, but we are going to be ready! He is getting more excited as more of his friends get mission calls: Kyle Decell to Mexico City, and James Peterson to Ecuador. I've always told Josh that he was going to go to Tonga. Sometimes I hope that will "come to pass" but other times, I am secretly hoping that he stays in the States... Hey~ I'm a mom! What do you expect?

But no matter where he goes, I know he will be a good missionary. He is a good kid, and I am honored that Heavenly Father trusted me to raise him. We will let you know about the mission call as soon as we get it! Stay tuned...

5 Read What I Wrote:

Becca said...

Ooh--that's so exciting. I went to my baby brother's farewell on Sunday--he is going to London, England. I can't wait to hear where josh gets called!

Woolverton Girl said...

That's exciting!! Tonga would be cool. Where does he want to go??

HollyDolly said...

i don't think he's going to go international. it would be AWESOME if he got texas! hahaha! i think he'll go where his grampa went -- out east!

Jeramy Cook said...

WOW...I can't believe it is almost that time to send out Elder Miller on his mission. Maybe he'll be called to Virginia! Dinner apppointments at the Cook's. Way Cool. Tell Josh I better get a personal update when it all goes down.

Melissa said...

Hope you don't mind, but I was just checking out your blog and have added you to my blog list. AND you can not already have one old enough to be going on a mission. Oh My Gosh!!! Congratulations!!!