All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break Week!

Oh what a week! Of course it had to start raining Monday afternoon, and by Saturday it's suppose to be in the upper 40's as the high! Kids have been enjoying the few times they have been outside helping Shawn plant some new blackberry plants, and enjoying the rest of the time playing on the old computer upstairs (Shawn loaded tons of games on it), and sometimes with the new computer downstairs, Gameboys & N64 (yes, we still have the new classics... real classic would be Atari!) and watching TV. Not much more to do when we couldn't go anywhere this time for Spring Break. It has been a nice break getting to sleep in until 7am... you would think the kids would sleep in longer, but NOOOOOO!
This past Saturday was my very 1st Relief Society Enrichment that I was in charge of. I think it went well, and I think the sisters that came (abt 30!) had a great time. Lunch was good, and so were all the cakes. My mother-in-law said that sisters told her that it was great.
On Friday night, Brett & Cindy and their 6 kids decided to make a short sweet stop at our house to stay 2 nights. They had been on their Spring Break, and were returning from their vacation. They went to Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois & Indiana. They said they had a great time, and we were glad they had stopped here. Kids were dying to see them, so it made their beginning of Spring Break great! They left early Sunday morning as their babies were not sleeping or eating good. We were sad to see them leave so soon,
Sunday morning I woke up with a very sore back. It started to hurt Friday morning, and with moving a piano at the church on Friday night, didn't help it I am sure. I decided to stay home from church and veg out on the couch while Josh took Lauren, Kayley & Jacob to church. The younger ones stayed home and played while I slept some.
Last night, Shawn, Jacob and I drove to Shreveport to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Why? Jacob had to have surgery this morning at Willis Knighton South. I wrote about it a few weeks ago. Surgery went great, and a little muscle had been wrapped around the testicle causing it not to come down. We were all happy about that. He is going to be sore today and tomorrow, but will be able to go to school Monday. No PE though for 4 weeks. I am typing this on Josh's laptop at the hospital as Shawn is getting Jacob ready to go because there is wireless here (reason why I have a new layout!).
Shawn returns to work tomorrow for 3 days, and on Monday he and I head back to Shreveport morning as Shawn will have surgery. He will be off work for 2 weeks (oh, no... shoot me now!), but he does have plans to finish a lot of stuff (maybe don't shoot me now!). He also got a new calling at church... Cub Scout Leader on Wednesday nights. He is happy about it, and looks forward to starting next Wednesday night.

1 Read What I Wrote:

HollyDolly said...

sounds like you had a lot going on for spring break. i sure wish we still had spring break in the real world!