All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Potty 101-7

Meaning... I am doing this for the 7th time. And last time!! Because of a hectic day of me having to go to Shreveport with Lauren & Kayley for the YW Activity & Broadcast, I decided to bathe the younger kids this morning so I wouldn't have to worry about later tonight. As I took off Joey's diaper, I noticed it was wet, but that he hadn't wet it recently. I pulled out Dora & Boots, stuck it on the toilet...
and he peed!!
I know he isn't even 2 1/2 yrs yet, and I know it takes longer for some boys to get fully trained, but this is a start! I am pretty happy. I hope within the year (LOL!) I won't have to buy anymore diapers!! You know how happy I am? I have been buying diapers monthly for the last 14 years!! When I started to potty-train Josh back in 1992, I bought the standard white potty chair. I do have a picture of him sitting on it... I need to go find it. I saved it for Lauren & even Kayley. But when it was time to train Jacob, the thought of using it again totally grossed me out. So I threw it away. Made Jacob learn by standing and actually sitting on the toilet. When Kristen started, I found the above seat at Walmart, and she & Lindsey used it. I debated with getting a "boyish" one for Joey, but he loves Dora & Boots. When I sat him on it this morning, he kept pointing to Boots and saying his name. He loved it!

1 Read What I Wrote:

HollyDolly said...

so cute! so glad that he's on his way to getting potty-trained. hopefully it won't take him long at all to get the hang of it!