All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

My Baby Is One!



My baby turned 1! Can you believe it? Shawn had to work on his birthday, so we decided to have his party on Sunday night (sound familiar?) when Shawn could be there. Normally Shawn can careless about birthdays, but he does like to be here for the 1st one. Maybe because he realizes that he doesn't have a baby baby anymore. Oh well... this womb isn’t having anymore!

Saturday night, Joey was up all night crying, like he was in pain. At 3:30am I pulled on his ear some, and he screamed out. Gave him some Tylenol & Motrin, and he slept until 2pm when kids & Shawn came home from church. I got up with them, got them dressed, took pics, and as soon as they left, I went back to bed too.

Normally I never miss church. Can't even remember missing church for a sick child. Most of the time Shawn stays home because of my calling... leading music in church. But, Shawn was doing the 5th Sunday lesson for Priesthood/Relief Society, so he had to be there.

I decided not to make a cake, or buy one. No one really eats cake here. We rather have brownies or pie, or cookies. Don't get me wrong, we like cake, but not as much as the other stuff. So, I made brownies, and cut him a piece, stuck on the candle, and whoa-la! Birthday brownie!

Shawn fed him a piece, and he liked it. Remember he is sick in these pictures, and still has his jammies on. BTW... I took him to the doctor this morning, and he does have another ear infection!

0 Read What I Wrote: