All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How could I forget Christmas?

I tell my kids that on Christmas morning that they can't come out of their rooms until about 7:30am, and only when I am ready for them to come out. I have to get ready, turn on Christmas lights, Christmas music, and then yell out to the kids (who are usually in Lauren's & Kayley's room) about all the cool stuff that Santa had brought. I also let the kids know this year that Santa was not bringing a lot of stuff because I told him that we didn't need a lot (hehe).

Krissy & Lindsey still were excited about the things that Santa brought...
And so did Jacob...
Lauren and Kayley were checking out the make-up and Bath & Body Works stuff...
Uh, hello? Are you awake Shawn?
Jacob got a cool remote-type plane, and I think Shawn had more fun with it!
After we see what Santa has brought, we had our big Christmas breakfast of crepes, eggs, sausage, fruit and whatever else we decide to have. It's the same kind of breakfast that I had when I was growing up. I have a friend that I met in Bryan, whose family did the same thing. I thought that was cool. Elder Miller finally called right after breakfast. I don't know what happened to the picture of Shawn talking with Elder Miller, but this picture is while Shawn is talking with him... Lauren was bored: playing Barrel of Monkeys!
First present to be opened on Christmas morning! Yay, for Joey!! He got a Memory Game from Lindsey.
Lindsey got this cute doll that looks like her... dark hair and blue eyes!
Krissy got a cute one but with lighter hair but big brown eyes like her...
Jacob got some cool church shoes that he really wanted.
Lauren got $100 from Shawn & I. She wanted jeans, but she needed to try them on, and she wanted to choose the ones she wanted, so she suggested that I just give her a $100 bill so she can go buy them!
Kayley got a really neat purse and wallet that she wanted.
And the train tracks for Joey!!

0 Read What I Wrote: