All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kristen's baptism...

I have so forgotten to post about this.  I hope I can remember all of it.  Kristen turned 8 on September 14, 2009.  We had planned for her to get baptized on the 24th, and had even sent out e-vites for everyone about it.  I think about 2 days before the big day, kids started throwing up, and Joseph ended up with the flu.  I canceled as I felt it would be safer if everyone was better first before everyone came.  About a week or so passed, and everyone was still fretting over "swine flu" which supposedly Joseph had.  Finally I decided to wait until Thanksgiving weekend when my whole family would be there anyway.

When we got to the church, no jumpsuit for Kristen.  One of Kristen's friends had been baptized a few weeks before, so we called them.  Sure enough, they had it and good thing they lived close to the church.  We started about 5 minutes late, but all was well.

A lot of the cousins were there, and good thing there weren't a lot of members.  It was rather loud, and I almost yelled out "SHUSH UP!"  But they were cousins that hadn't seen each other in the past 3-4 months.  Afterwards we went back to the house and got ready for Thanksgiving the next day.  It was a fun and good weekend!

We love you Kristen... Congrats on your baptism!

0 Read What I Wrote: