All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, June 04, 2010

A lost art...

A few months ago I read in the paper about a lady who asked her daughter, age 14 or so, to sign her name. She printed it. She said "no, in cursive." Her daughter said that she didn't know how. Could have very easily been my children. Ashdown schools are not teaching cursive. So sad. I am now in the process of teaching my children cursive handwriting. I printed off this form:

Even though we just started yesterday, they are picking up on it. Lauren did have it in 3rd grade when we were in Bryan, so she has done okay, but not really. She will be a great doctor when she grows up... her cursive and regular handwriting are awful.  Poor teachers!  Haha!!  Today we worked on their names, and a few words.  Each day until we get to Killeen (when the swimming pool takes over all other priorities), my kids will be working on the cursive alphabet and their names, and some words.  I know the age is computers now, but still... people need to learn to sign their name correctly at least!

0 Read What I Wrote: