All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Arkansas & Texas Cousins, May 2009

The boy cousins, who will be all 11 this year. There are also 2 girl cousins the age.
Reilly, Austin, Jacob
The 3 girl cousins: Rebekah, 13; Kayley, 12; Lauren, 14
My handsome son, Jacob.
Joey, age 2.5 with cousin Jared, 2.3. This is the first visit that Joey has not screamed or cried the whole time. He had a great time with Jared, and were the bestest buds. Joey even went into nursery, even though he screamed at first... but with Jared & girl cousin, Ella, all were happy at the end.
Another cute picture of Jared & Joey. We are at McD's in most of the pictures. We like to hang out at the one in Temple off I-35/Loop 363 because of the cool (nasty) playground.
Most of the Arkansas & Texas cousins.

Sorry that the pictures are small. With this stupid dial-up, I am having tons of problems now. I have thought of calling AT&T again, and crying telling them that I really need wireless. I am so frustrated with dial-up because I am beginning to not have good access. I cannot get on Facebook anymore with the home computer, so when you see that I am on for a few days in a row, or only once a day, it's because I have 1) taken the computer to a local business to use their wireless or 2) I am in Killeen where my parents have wireless. I can get to my profile on Facebook, but I cannot post or add anything. This morning I was in Ashdown, so I made a brief stop and added the above pictures to my page from my sister's page, and then I accessed my profile after getting home and saved the pictures. It's so crazy. And so making me crazy!

My goal for this summer is to get this house in order. Since I cannot get on Facebook, and you can only post so much on Blogger, I have decided to start now. But not until I get off this morning... LOL!! I also went to the Bishop's Storehouse in Carrollton, Texas this past Thursday, and got a lot of food storage. I am going to be busy the next few weeks anyway getting things canned and mylar bag sealed. Shawn planted another garden this year, and just today we got our first stuff... some onions, yellow squash & zucchini.

My Relief Society Enrichment is this Saturday, and I am very nervous about it all. I have teachers who can't make it now, and I've heard a lot are going to be out of town. I have decided that next year I am doing the 4 Enrichments in February, May, September & December, hopefully all on the 1st Saturday of the month. I am so stressing out, it's not even funny. Plus it's my turn for the lesson on Sunday, which is no biggie, but I still need to get it written down. I am doing it on the "The Language of Formal Prayer" taken from a talk in the January 1976 Ensign, and another with the same title in the May 1993 Ensign. I hope it's good. I also have to get the newsletter typed up.

Lauren left today for Drum Major Camp. She was selected as 8th grade Drum Major, and is very excited about it. Her 3 day training is in Arkadelphia. She took Shawn's cell phone, so I am sure this week she is going to think she is way cool since it has texting...

Josh's mission papers were returned again because the blood-type was not entered. I mean, hello? Why did I pay a doctor to do even do this physical? Good thing President Platt is around. I also saw that the urine test was not written down, so I am sure it will be sent back for that too. Will I ever get this kid sent off? Stay tuned for the mission call! Hopefull it will be soon!

0 Read What I Wrote: