All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Welcome Babe!

This is Babe, who was Wilbur, who was Squealer, who was just a regular wild pig Friday morning before Josh found him on the side of the road.
AND I get the honors of having it at my house for a while. Of course, I have banned it to the outside, where he is sleeping and living comfortly in Ollie's kennel, who is not happy at the present time. He rather have some fresh pork kill then share his kennel with Babe. AND I got to go buy a bottle with a preemie nipple AND formula (good thing it was on sale for $18.00 for a 32 oz. can of Nestle Good Start Supreme) so that Josh can have his thrill of all of 7 1/2 weeks of raising a baby pig before heading on his mission. What the heck am I suppose to do with it afterwards? It's a WILD PIG! I want Josh to release it back in the wild, but it's momma is gone, and he will be killed by a coyote. But at the same time, that's the circle of life, but I'm really not that mean (ok, kids may think different!). Shawn's dad gave up raising pigs YEARS ago! He doesn't want to start again, which I don't blame because PIGS STINK! What to do, what to do?!

3 Read What I Wrote:

HollyDolly said...

raise it til thanksgiving. when shawn mc gets there, he can slay it and we can have it for dinner. sounds good to me!

Heidi said...

I wonder who will take the head this time and sneak up on you with it since Josh will be gone? LOL!! That was hilarious!!!!

Becca said...

We raised two pigs in Arkansas, and it was fun, because once they got big and ugly, I was so over my feelings of not wanting to butcher them. Best meat I've ever had.

You should seriously call up someone at U of A and see if they want to raise it as a mascot. I'm not joking.